Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Weight loss update and other ramblings.

Today (or close to today) I would have been closing my "30 day juice feast". Yes, I decided to end the juice feast early and I know that some of you may be looking at my example and think, She couldn't even do the juice feast for 30 days, how am I ever supposed to do it? or She couldn't even do the juice feast for 30 days, that's pretty weak.


I knew when I initially posted my goal that I may not reach it. I had no idea what I was in store for.  But by day 8, I felt done. I felt that I had gone through my phases. First the sugar, then the breads, then the meat. I felt good and I had reformed my body. My stomach reevaluated what it meant to be hungry and I learned to recognize when I was hungry or just bored.

Throughout my week's journey, I had lost 10 lbs. I knew that I would gain some back after the juice feast because since I would be eating solids, I would be having more solid poops. So when I got off of the juice feast, within 2 weeks I was back up to 151 lbs. I was okay with that. I watched it close and I was regulating so 5lbs total loss from the juice feast isn't bad.

Let me tell you, I was really nervous coming off of the juice feast and eating again. I was so afraid that I would go back to my old habits or that it just wouldn't work. I would try to eat healthy and despite my best efforts, I would balloon up. Then I realized that I've got to have faith in the system. I had to have faith that if I ate healthy, results would follow. I didn't really have a choice. I couldn't juice feast forever!

I have been off of the juice feast for about 3 weeks now and I am down 7lbs. I'm now 1 lb bellow my pre-pregnancy weight and I have no doubt that it will keep going down. I now know that this system works. What's the system? Eating whole foods and very little processed foods or foods with preservatives. I really chalk up my success to the fact that I don't have little dairy and no sugar. I'll occasionally have some butter (say, once or twice a week and usually only a tbsp at a time) and maybe some ketchup with my black bean burger but that's pretty rare.

Plus, I've said it once and I'll say it again, I don't feel deprived. In the past I have tried to do weight watchers and it was hard to try to keep away from the treats and snacks because I'm like a 4 year old. When you tell me I can't have it, I want it. Now? I have treats all the time but the right kind. I eat my fake caramel corn and raw brownies any time I feel like it and as much as I want. I snack on almonds every single day and not just a little! I'm talking about a couple of handfuls every day. A nutritionist would smack my hand and make me sit in a corner for eating too much fats. I say screw them! I've eaten so many avocados and nuts that my fat intake must be through the roof but when you look at the numbers, I've lost more weight eating like I do now than any other diet I've been on before. The thing is that I stuff myself full. I eat as much of my healthy food as I want and stay away from anything else.

You must think that what I eat goes something like this:



It's really not. It's more like this:

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Snack
Snack


Anyway, there is my update and rambling. I just wanted to show you how easy and simple it really is. 

Weight before juice feast: 156 lbs
Weight as of this morning: 144 lbs

*Also, I didn't have time to proof read this because I have to watch the Bachelor! Sorry for mistakes. Use your imagination and fill in the blanks*

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Jessica! I think 8 days is great! I love eating fats!

    I think people are starting to wake up to the fact that the amount of calories and fats don't matter. It's the TYPE of calories and fats. I never look at the nutrition facts, I only read the ingredient list. The shorter the better. And I love gorging on avocados. I eat at least one or two everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome Jessica. i am so impressed. I dont know if I could have been as disciplined as you were. You do have me convinced that I could do an enema though =) If you have any interest in doing a guest post on my health blog let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should read "the paleo solution" by rob Gardner. You will never feel bad about eating fats again! I am paleo right now which is really similar to what you're doing and in 4 months I've lost 25 pounds. Eating fats of all things hahahahha! Keep blogging- I love reading it!

    ReplyDelete