Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 8.

I think I'm done. I'm at a point now where I would rather go hungry than drink my juices because they taste just so darn nasty (and that's often what I find myself doing). For some reason, in the beginning, all of my juices tasted fine to me. Sure they were a little "green" tasting but nothing I couldn't handle.

Now, it's just...nasty. Everything I've juiced for the past 3 days has tasted like dirt. It's hard when you are hungry to realize, "Oh yummy, I get to drink dirt juice for lunch..."

This morning in class, I saw a girl eat a Nutragrain bar and I thought to myself, "That doesn't even look good. I just want a salad..." I want whole foods again. Occasional homemade whole wheat bread, raw "tacos", raw zucchini chips, cucumber "pasta", and almond milk with homemade granola. I don't want junk. I don't want ice cream, candy, taco bell, hamburgers (unless it's a black bean or a veggie burger made from scratch), pizza or nothing!

I figured that once I started craving this, I could stop. However, stopping now seems like such a fail. I wanted to go 30 days but if I feel done and I feel good, then why should I force my body to do this? I can always juice again if I feel like I need to and I know that I will continue to juice in the morning.

Then, I started to examine why I feel like a failure but the truth is, I drank nothing but strait, fresh, vegetable and fruit juice for 8 days. That's a total of 32 juices (more or less) that took determination to stick with it and courage to start. I did this and I went through the pain of withdrawal and the detoxing. I freaking stuck plastic tubing up my butt every day and gave myself enemas! I restarted my body and I am proud of that. I should not feel like a failure for trying to be better and start a healthier lifestyle. Haters gonna hate but I have tougher skin.

So with my last juice of the day, here's to my new lifestyle.



1 comment: