Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 10

I'm such a sucka for sleep. I could easily sleep for 9+ hours a night. In college, I would sleep in until 2pm, I'm ashamed to admit.

With that being said, I was a lazy arse today and didn't wake up until 8:20 and seeing as I have class at 9:45, that left me little time to get ready & eat breakfast. But when I did get home, I finally was able to have my juicy breakfast. It felt so good knowing that I had my very own V8 juice. I had gotten my veggies in for the day so I felt great.

I also had an American Industrial Hygiene Association meeting today. Sounds fancy, huh? It was opening social complete with pizza. I purposefully went because I wanted to face temptation and kick it's butt. I wanted to grab the bull by the horns and show him who's boss.

It was actually really easy to resist. Besides it was Little Caesar's. That's not even good pizza! It's crap hobo pizza, in my opinion. What helped me even more was knowing that I had this bad boy waiting for me at home:
Which reminds me that I forgot to add the onions...

Yeah, that's right! I had a salad with this topped on it and it was freakin delish. I made myself a small salad and I couldn't even finish it but I did eat all of the avocado's out of it for good measure. 

Then for dessert, I made some of these:
Pinned Image

Yup. Pretty much sex rolled into a ball. They are completely raw brownies made out of dates, almonds, honey, water, and coco powder. If you like dark chocolate, then this is the way to go. I don't feel guilty eating it because it is naturally sweetened and there is no white flour in it. There's actually no flour in it period so if I wanted to be all suave, I'd tell you these are Vegan Gluten-free Raw Vegetarian Healthy Brownies. Don't I sound all posh?

See? You can have yummy food and not feel guilty about it. 


3 comments:

  1. First off, I want to try one of those raw brownies! Second off, I think it's funny that you say "When" you were in college you would sleep in... You say that like you aren't still in college :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yeah, those brownies look so good! I'm heading toward a whole foods diet, thats definately something I'll have to book mark!
    (I'm following you from BBC...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy! I think I have that salad a few times a week. I love it!

    ReplyDelete