Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 7

I have officially been on the juice feast for one whole week.

The first 4 or 5 days weren't so bad but now, I'm just not feeling the juice feast love anymore. All of my juices are starting to taste nasty. Maybe my taste buds need to detox or maybe I should just embrace the green flavor. Either way, it's not fun to drink something that tastes gross when you're really hungry.

I'm just not sure if I'm ready to go off though. I really like how light I feel and I especially love the weight loss, who am I kiddin'? The other day I asked Tyler if I looked any thinner. He said I looked the same. Boo. But then I realized that at that time, I had only lost 5lbs or so. I could definitely feel the difference. My stomach is a lot more flat and I am almost down to my pre-pregnancy weight, I'm ashamed to admit since it took so long.

I tell myself that I can go until day 10. Then by day ten, I might as well finish the rest of the week and go to day 14. But then after that, what's another week? Slowly, slowly, I will get there.

Cravings
It's been interesting to see how my cravings have evolved. At first, I couldn't even look at the candy in the house. It was like those Oreo balls were calling my name. But I remained strong! Then at the end of last week, it was starch. Pasta, breads, and anything else that was full of carbs and starch. Now? I think it's meat, cheese, and eggs. This morning, I made breakfast for Tyler. He wanted a homemade egg McMuffin on a bagel with cheese. The trifecta of my cravings! But now I am really in deep with the juice feast, if I cheated, my body would freak out and I would get very sick.

Juices
I'm not sure what it is, but I am satisfied with only 3 quarts of juice a day along with my morning quart of water. I hope it's not too little but I honestly am satisfied with my three juices. I'm not hungry or anything. This is what I had today:

-Spinach/kale/apple/celery/cucumber
-Orange
-Spinach/kale/apple/celery/cucumber

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the kale but my juices have been kind of spicy. Ick. Tomorrow I'm going to try it without the kale and see how it goes.

Also, I have been slowly building up my taste to celery. Before, when it was overpowering, I backed down and only put 2 stalks in there. Now, when I make it with spinach, I put 4 stalks in there and I can't taste it at all! That's over half of the stalk. Yippee!

Weight
148.6. So I am 2.4 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight! Took me freaking long enough....But if anyone asks, I'm going to blame it on the breastfeeding. Have you ever tried to diet while breastfeeding? It sucks and Jack was not happy about it.

1 comment:

  1. i just got done reading all your updates & may i just say you have the most amazing will power! it is VERY inspirational!!!
    congrats on the weight lost. you will be at your pre-pregnancy weight before you know it.
    keep up the updates, it is really interesting to read your journey!

    ReplyDelete