Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 6

Wow, I am almost to an entire week. Holy smokes!

Yesterday I chatted with my sister which helped a ton. She had completed a 21 day juice feast just a few months before me and she really encouraged me to go on. I have really tried to listen to my body during this juice feast and it has taught me a lot about self-control and patience.

I found that I am stronger than I thought. I mean, 6 days and about 4 juices a day equals 24 juices that I've made in the midst of cooking food for Tyler and Jack, Tyler starting a job at Nielson's Frozen Custard, grocery shopping and walking past the frozen food aisles, Taco Bell out-to-eat nights, and now, a Sunday meal.

Detox
I know I am now off of white sugar. In fact, just saying it out loud kind of made my stomach turn to think of the mass quantity of white sugar that is in everything. We STILL have Christmas goodies laying around the house. This ain't your average Christmas goodies. These are my mother-in-law's Christmas goodies. They are super yummy and plentiful. Seriously, we have fudge, salted nut roll, candy canes, butterfingers, gummy candy, almond roca, and oreo balls covered in chocolate.

But you know what? That hasn't been tempting at all. I don't even remember it's there and I certainly don't crave it. I used to really want something sweet after lunch or dinner but now I couldn't care less.

However, with that being said, I know I am still addicted to white flour because I daydream about pasta, rolls, breads, bagels, and basically anything that is starchy and carb-y. I feel that once I no longer crave that, then I am clean and I can get off of the juice feast. Maybe that will be day 30 but maybe it will be day 14. I have re-evaluated what this juice feast really is and it's mainly to detox me from the standard American diet. Once I am detoxed, I am free and can go to eating wholesome, good, natural food.

So once I crave a salad and Taco Bell or pizza looks revolting, I'll know I'm clean.

Weight 
150.2lbs
I just drank my water and my juice and I haven't done my enema yet so, you know, around that weight.

Juices
My juices are starting to taste different. A lot less sweet. It's like I can't even taste the apple in it anymore and all I taste is the lettuce. It's kind of odd. You'd think that it would taste more sweet than anything but oh well. It's still satisfying and filling. Here are my juices:

-Romaine/apple/cucumber/carrot
-Spinach/celery/kale/parsley/apple
-Pineapple*
-Spinach/celery/kale/apple/parsley*

The little * is just to let you know that I haven't exactly juiced that one yet but I will. Fresh pineapple juice is basically manna from heaven. I also have just not been feeling that into my 4th juice. Mainly because I've been drinking my morning juice late which is a big no-no. I'll probably just make another spinach one but we'll see how I feel. I like just sticking to the basics now because if I juice one that turns out nasty. Too bad because that's my meal! Maybe I'll have the guts to try a spinach and beet one again...

Also, I have the video I want to post but as it was 90% uploaded, my husband shut down the computer. So I'll try uploading it again today and hopefully post it soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment