Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 9

Today is my first day of eating solid foods. I feel like a 6 month old baby. I get to rediscover what food tastes like again.

The protocol for getting off of the juice feast is to take the number of days you juiced, divide by 4 and then you get how many days it will take to reintroduce your body to fiber again. As instructed by the juice feasting website, I soaked my prunes overnight for breakfast the next day. You wouldn't think that soaked, soggy prunes would be good but they were! I soaked enough for two meals so that constituted breakfast and lunch. For dinner, I had some pineapple.

I was kind of anxious to see how my body would handle the fiber and real food again. One thing that I have noticed though, is that I am full very quickly and I have learned to recognize when I have had enough. It was kind of interesting to eat about 4 or 5 small slices of pineapple and think, "Wow, um...I'm full. I'm done."

Tyler really presented me with a challenge too. In honor of my first day off of the juice feast, he came home from work (Nielson's Frozen Custard) early and had a huge concrete in his hand. Don't freak now, Jessica, but Satan himself has appeared in the form of frozen custard and your husband is the deliverer of evil. This is how our conversation went:

J: "Heeeeeeyyy-Tyler.....How was work?"

T: "I think I have found the best combination ever!"

J:"Oh yeah?"

T: "Yes! I mixed cookies and cream custard with cheesecake chunks and bits of cookie dough!"

J:"-And because you work there, you get to load up with as much toppings as you please?"

T:*Cheesy grin while nodding*

J: "Sounds pretty fantastic."

Staring me right in the face was temptation herself but then I thought, "Hold on a sec, Jessica. You've just lost 10 pounds and are ever so slightly thinking about throwing that all away for THAT?" I mean, sure, we're talking about frozen custard here but still. I had sacrificed so much, I was not going to throw it away just to get addicted to white sugar again. No thank you!


One thing that juice feasting has taught me is to break up with my food. I was such a needy gal when it came to food. I would think, "Oh I better eat this now. There may not be more later plus it's best when it's warm and fresh." Now?

Who cares? I know I don't. Food will always be there. I can always have something later and I can always cook it again. My relationship with food has changed. I don't care about it as much. Sure, I still want yummy food but it's just not one of my top priority now. I can make lots of good tasting food without compromising nutrition. I already have lots in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment