Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 1


It took me about 2 hours to juice all of my juices which is pretty good considering that in only 2 hours, I made all of the meals that I would eat in an entire day.

My breakfast juice was a little odd. First off, I'm not used to drinking just liquid in the morning and vegetable liquid for that matter. Plus, the taste of celery was so overpowering. Tomorrow I am going to try to put spinach in to see if it masks the strong taste. But, because I put apple & carrots in it, it was also sweet so that was a plus.

Today I experienced my first enema adventure. Just some FYI, let the water run a little bit before sticking it up your bum or you will get a bunch of air in your colon. Don't ask me how I know.

Psychologically, the enema was difficult because all I could think was, "I have water UP my bum, GET IT OUT!" But I waited and although it was only maybe a minute later, I "went" and it felt really good. It was like I was washing my colon out and as crazy as it sounds, I feel lighter. With that being said, I need softer toilet paper. I've already gone to the bathroom multiple times today.

It'll be interesting to see how my juices play out. I have found myself more hungry but I know that's only because I would stuff at three meals a day. I'm not used to drinking 4+ meals of strait juice. Kind of makes sense since the juice would be easily digested therefore, I should be hungry more often. However, the juices do leave me satisfied.

I have thought it all out in my head and I think I've figured that I will drink every 3 hours. This translates to waking up at 7am-ish and drinking my morning "tea" so to speak to which I will drink my breakfast at 9:00am, then lunch at 12:00, midday snack at 3:00pm, and dinner at 6:00pm. I then have an option of drinking a cup of tea at 9:00pm, which I probably will.

What I juiced:
Romaine lettuce/carrot/cucumber/celery/apple x3
Apple/cantaloupe


Obstacles:
I really believe that one can be addicted to sugar and I also believe that I am one of those people. Right now, it's pretty tempting because we still have Christmas goodies around our house but I really want to give this juice feast 100% so I'm not going to cheat.

It's also been kind of difficult making food for Jack & Tyler and smelling the tastyness of the cheese and the butter (grilled cheese sandwiches). I wanted the grilled cheese sandwich for about 2 seconds and then I tasted my cantaloupe/apple juice and it was heavenly. I'm doing okay.


Misc. Illnesses:
Keratosis on arms
Phantosmia
Permanent stuffy nose
Brittle nails



Weight  156lbs.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful Jessica! I am so inspired by you.
    It is my goal to juice and do enema cleanses this year too. I am hoping to start next week. I will be checking in with you on your blog to see how it's going for you. Good luck!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete