Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 5

This juice feast is a lot harder than I thought!

I figured it would be kind of difficult to resist temptation but not too bad because the juice feast isn't a diet. You get to drink as much juice as you want. If you're hungry, just drink more juice. No big deal.

But it's when I'm hungry that's most dangerous because I want to eat everything. in. freakin. sight. My jaw longs to chew on something and I've often found myself looking in the fridge for a snack. Yeah, not gonna happen. You get juice or juice.

The biggest thing that keeps me going, ironically, is the weight loss. I have already lost about 6 pounds and if this rate keeps up, I will have lost 36 pounds by the end of the month. I'm pretty sure that number isn't accurate though and it will taper off.

What I have to remember is that food will always be there. Taco Bell will always be there. This juice feast isn't forever. By Feburary, I will be eating solids again and while it will be very healthy solids, it will taste amazing. I can do this.

Detox
So far, I haven't had any major detox symptoms. Aunt Flo is visiting now so I can't tell if it's just her or the detox.  Only in the morning do I feel like I need to go and it is slightly uncomfortable but nothing like some of the other episodes I've had pre-juice feast.

Juices
I can't tell if it's just me or the juice but it has just been tasting off lately. My normal morning juice tasted like dirt and then I realized that in my rush to feed Jack, I forgot to wash the carrot. Sick. Then I had a normal cantaloupe/apple juice for lunch but it too tasted off. It just wasn't as appetizing as it normally was. Maybe the next juice will be different. I hope so because on the day that I have faced the most temptation, it has also been the day that my juices were sub par.

What I had today (or will have):
-Romaine/carrot/apple/cucumber
-Cantaloupe/apple
-Spinach/apple/celery/cucumber/parsley or kale

Weight: 
As of 3 seconds ago, I weigh 149.6 lbs. It pretty much fluctuates throughout the day because I was as much as 151.8 this morning and as low as 146-ish late last night.

Fuzzy Teeth
Kind of an odd thing but ever since drinking my juices, my teeth have been fuzzy. It's easily fixed with brushing and doesn't really bug me. It's just...odd. I recharged my power toothbrush so that I can really get those pearly whites rid of juice fuzz.


No comments:

Post a Comment