Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

I've lost count...

...BUT I wanted to share something with you.

Behold, "raw"fredo sauce:
Pinned Image
http://www.therawtarian.com/raw-alfredo-sauce-recipe


I have been so excited to try this but also so nervous because I have never made something quite like this before. The recipe called for 2 1/2 cups of cashews (I didn't do the pine nuts) to which you basically blend the $#!% outta 'em with garlic, lemon, and seasoning.

When I was finished blending, it looked like alfredo sauce, It smelt like alfredo sauce, but did it taste like alfredo sauce?

Holy eff did it ever! It was the creamiest alfredo sauce I have ever tasted. It even passed the husband and child test. Both Tyler and Jack ate it up. I purposefully didn't tell Tyler what it was exactly because then he would be skeptical. His only request was that I add chicken to it but we didn't have any and I don't want to eat as much meat.

I didn't have it completely raw because I did buy some brown rice noodles at WinCo and cooked those but on a whole, this was a gluten and (as far as I know) dairy free alfredo meal. Not too shabby!

But lets get down to real business. Juicing.

I still juice in the mornings and sometimes it's hard but it's kind of like a homemade V8. I drink it for breakfast and then feel so great that I have gotten all of my veggies in for the day. And the fiber, you ask?
I still get plenty throughout lunch, snacks, and dinner.

What I try to do is have dinner be my worst meal. This usually means having meat or where it is mostly cooked. Lately for lunch, I have been eating the salsa I posted a while back. I make it with olive oil and it is SO yummy. I usually just eat it like nachos with store-bought chips (that have no preservatives and I actually recognize all of the ingredients on the list). But now I'm outta chips and it really makes me have more empathy for the pioneers in the olden times (ha, I joke, of course). For snacks, I have raw almonds I munch on, clementine oranges, or my raw brownies.

Now my weight, as I'm sure you are wondering, has gone up. This is mostly because I actually have solid...erm, solids inside of me now instead of what usually came out during the juice feast. Over all, I am still happy that I weigh around 148-150lbs. That still equates to me losing 6 pounds during the juice feast so that's not too bad.

Occasionally, I will get so frustrated with the number on the scale. I mean, I eat NO white flour and NO white sugar so shouldn't I see results? But I have to remember that these things take time and I like my new lifestyle so why quit now? Yesterday, Tyler wanted me to stop by his work so he could show me around and then maybe we could eat there, as he suggested.

Well, I wanted to stay away from hamburgers and white bread. They did have sandwiches (I could get a veggie one with no cheese) but they only had white bread. They did have chicken sandwiches, but the chicken was fried and not grilled. So I declined to half off of burgers, fries, fry sauce, white bread, mayo, and all of the free custard I could eat (with any mix-in I wanted, of course).

It wasn't too bad because I want to be healthy more than anything else and I want to get skinnier. The juice feast really has proven to me that it has broken me of my addiction to white sugar and white flour. It's like a drug and I don't want to prolapse so I stay away from it.

Besides, I can have really yummy food like these bad boys:


Of course, they were whole wheat with blackberries in the center and pure maple syrup. It was SO good and I've said it once and I'll say it again, I don't feel deprived and I eat as much as I want. At the end of the day, I will sometimes go on Myfitnesspal and see how much I've consumed that day and I have always been within the 1200 calories minimum. Eating healthy is much easier than I thought.

1 comment:

  1. You are so inspiring.

    My husband lost five pounds from a four day juice feast he has kept off. I can't wait to try it when I wean my daughter.

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete